Compressco - Canada/Northern US
Compressco has an immediate opening for an experienced HSE Coordinator in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This position will work closely with Management and Field employees to effectively coordinate and assist with Safety and Environmental regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and provide assistance in administering health, safety and environmental programs.
- Assist with the implementation and compliance with the Compressco Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Oversee and ensure continued compliance with all Canadian COR requirements.
- Maintain Canada HSE Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with Canadian Regulations and Compressco Policies.
- Work closely and effectively with Canadian and Northern US employees while providing HSE training and assistance.
- Work closely and effectively with Canadian and Northern US Supervisors and Managers to ensure employee compliance with HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Function as the HSE Champion to further employee understanding and compliance with HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Champion the Behavior Based Safety Observation Program by training employees in BBS, encouraging employees to participate in the BBS process and training submitted Behavior Based Safety Report.
- Provide assistance with employee injuries and provide case management, in conjunction with the corporate HSE Manager, for all injured employees.
- Provide input into case management for employee off-the-job injuries ensuring a safe return-to-work.
- Provide employee HSE Training to ensure a safe, healthy and incident free workplace.
- Ensure all employees have current company and customer mandated training and certifications. Coordinate scheduling of employees to attend training or to complete training, as required.
- Maintain HSE training records for employees within the Compressco Training Database.
- Review incident reports for accuracy and maintain reports within the Compressco HSE incident Tracking System.
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations to prevent reoccurrence of incidents.
- Conduct site visits and ensure field personnel have completed the required HSE Training, are complying with HSE Policies and Procedures and are equipped with the necessary HSE Equipment.
- Determine corrective or preventive actions where indicated and work with the Operations Managers to ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- Manage cost and inventory of Safety Supplies to ensure employees are properly equipped with necessary equipment, while effectively managing company resources.
- Develop and maintain Emergency Response Plans for Compressco facilities, including customer locations.
- Plan and conduct drills of the Emergency Response Plan.
- Perform contractor safety management system reviews and assist in contractor selection with respect to safety qualifications and history.
- Perform safety and health related monitoring and assessments for noise, toxic exposures, heat and cold stress, safe work practices, etc.
- Maintain field personnel 4-gas meters including distribution, calibration, reporting, etc.
- Other duties as requested and required.
- Degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Fire & Safety or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in HSE.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in similar capacity may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must have documented, relevant industry experience (O&G, chemical, etc.) in some part or all of HSE.
- Must possess working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations as well as Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations.
- Must work closely with corporate safety management to ensure company HSE policies and procedures are being followed and meet requirements of customers and local regulatory agencies.
- Experience with both Canadian and US Regulations preferred, but experience with Canadian regulations is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Must also possess, or be eligible to receive, a valid passport for international (US & Canada) travel
- Must pass the required physical exam and drug and alcohol screening.
Submit resume or completed application for employment to:
TETRA Technologies, Inc. | Attn: Global Recruiting & Retention Manager | P.O. Box 73087 | Houston, TX 77273 | Email to: email@example.com. We acknowledge only those candidates selected for interview. EOE/AAP